Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Grandma's teddy bear

SO, I ended up with one of Grandma's many teddy bears. Mom gave her this one after Pa passed away-it's dressed up like an angel with wings and a halo. When it was new, you could squeeze it and it would recite a sweet poem about going to sleep with angels watching over us....Very cute. Over the years, the bear stopped 'talking'-the battery probably died.

Since then, I've slept with it....I've talked to it, I've yelled at it--for some reason, this bear has become a source of comfort to me. (Yes I know, it's like I'm 5 again!)

One day last week, I had a really sad morning. I was lying on my bed, praying to God for strength and comfort...I had the bear squeezed between my arms. Out of nowhere, the bear 'spoke' again. And since that day, and every time I need to hear it, I squeeze the bear and she reminds me that I have angels watching over me.

I'd like to think that Grandma is one of those angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment